Links on Tech Countless may earn us a commission. Learn more
Simple Method to Extend Lenovo Laptop Battery Life
If you own a Lenovo laptop and want to extend the battery life of your laptop, this article will show you a simple method that you can use to maintain and extend the battery life of your Lenovo laptop.
1. Download Lenovo Vantage Software
Go to the Microsoft Store and download and install the Lenovo vantage software. After installing it, launch it and sign in with your Lenovo account.
2. Power Options in Vantage Software
Now go to the device and then system tools, then select the power option and simply click on it.
3. Conservation Mode
Find the battery health option here: Select conservation mode instead of rapid charge, which only charges laptops to about 55-60% of their capacity.
4. Check the Power & Battery Options
After enabling conservation mode, search for power and sleep and navigate to detailed info>select 24 hours filter.
Now you can see that the laptop only charges up to 60%, not more. This allows you to simply extend the total battery life of your laptop.
What is Lenovo Vantage Software?
It is a Lenovo application for Windows users that allows you to easily update brand-related drivers as well as providing quick options such as camera and microphone settings, power options, and more,
Is Conservation Mode Good For Battery?
If you enable this option, your laptop will only charge to about 55-60%.
Advantages of the conservation mode:
1. Charging above 60% generates more heat, and we know that excessive heat is bad for laptop batteries, thus we don’t charge above 60% in conservation mode.
2. Increase the overall life of your laptop battery, allowing it to last longer than usual.
Finally, it is quite beneficial to your laptop, so I propose that you enable it.
How to Fix Lenovo Vantage is Not Opening on my Laptop
Steps to take to resolve this issue:
1. Remove Lenovo vantage, restart your computer, and then reinstall the vantage software.
2. Update both your Windows Store and your operating system.