Links on Tech Countless may earn us a commission. Learn more
No wonder GIFs have gained popularity among socials or even different kinds of conversations online. Within a few seconds, one can convey a certain type of feeling or expression within a GIF.
Be it making fun of friends, sharing a meme or explaining a concept, GIFs can be used equally in all those aspects. But, making GIFs can be tricky at times. So, in this article, I will be listing 4 ways to turn videos into GIFs very easily for free without any hassle.
1. EZGIF (Web Based)
It is one of the most trusted GIF converters you can get, and that too for free of cost. With ease you can avail plenty of altercations to your GIF file, you can even create GIFs. This is entirely web-based and secure enough too. All you have to do is, upload the file or paste the URL of the video and within seconds you get the results.
Here is how you can do it in your browser,
- Go to EZGIF video to GIF converter.
- Then you’ll see an option to “Upload Video” or “Paste URL”, click on it.
- Now, select the video file you want to upload and proceed.
- You can adjust speed, crop video, mute or insert subtitles and so on.
- Once you are done editing, save the file.
- Click on Convert to GIF and you are done.
- Free of cost.
- Clean and optimized performance.
- No watermark.
- The file size is limited.
- Getting used to the UI can be time taking.
- Options seem limited.
2. GIF Maker (Chromium Extension)
GIF Maker is one of the best extensions you can get in the Web Store. It is quite straightforward to use and gets the job done within minutes. There are plenty of options to edit the GIF as per your requirements. The UI is also quite optimized and Ad free which makes it even better.
Convert into GIF with your extension,
- Go on to the Web Store in your Chrome or other Chromium-based browsers.
- Add GIF Maker to the browser.
- Now, click on it and it will open in a new tab.
- Add the file you would like to convert into GIF.
- Adjust width/height, frames, insert texts if you want to and so on.
- Now, have a preview if you want or directly download the result.
- Plenty of options to work with.
- Easy to use.
- No Ads or Watermarks.
- UI seems outdated.
3. GifTuna (Windows/Mac)
It is one of the best open-source software that can be used to create or convert videos into GIFs. The UI seems to be pretty basic and modern as well, making it quite easier for the newbies too. However, there is not much to work with, while converting a video into GIF.
Here is how it is done,
- Go on to GifTuna converter and download the file.
- Open the software from the .zip file.
- Select and import the file you want as a GIF.
- Now, adjust the resolution if you want and the colour options.
- And export the file and you are done.
- Open Source software.
- Pretty fast to render.
- Modern as well as easy-to-use UI.
- Not many options to edit the GIF.
4. GIPHY (Android/iOS)
It’s a modern app with a techy UI and is available both on Play Store and App Store as well. You can easily turn a dull video into a fun GIF within minutes, there are tons of options to work with. Be it applying crazy effects, inserting stickers and so on, you can have it all in your style and convert or create GIFs without any issues from your smartphone. Also, the UI seems to be easy to work with which is a plus.
Here is how you can use GIPHY on Android,
- Go on to Play Store/App Store and install GIPHY.
- Sign in or log in to the account.
- Now, select the file you want to convert.
- Go through effects, add texts, and so on.
- Once you are done editing, click on the next arrow button.
- Now save the file and you are done.
- Easy to use.
- No watermarks or
- The app is Ad-free.
- Tons of GIFs to use.
- Not many options to work with.
What is a good resolution for a GIF?
The squared or the 480X480 is the best resolution for a GIF, it is even along the sides and is much more practical.
How long should GIFs be?
GIFs can be stretched up to 15 seconds but 4-6 seconds are enough for a GIF to be describing the message.
Can I have sound in GIFs?
No, it doesn’t make sense at all, even if sound can be added, there won’t be any difference between a video and a GIF file.
Hence, these are some of the best GIF converters you can easily get online and have fun with your friends by converting candid moments into GIFs and using them while you are chatting with your friends and family. If you found this post useful, do share it with others.