Links on Tech Countless may earn us a commission. Learn more
Windows is quite customizable, just like any user would want. But if you’ve observed carefully, there isn’t any option to personalize the look of your taskbar. If you have seen the macOS and are fascinated to have a transparent taskbar like that on your Windows, then you’re on the right page.
Though Windows doesn’t have any inbuilt feature to make the taskbar transparent, it is possible with the help of third-party tools. So, in this article, I am going to guide you on how you can make your taskbar completely transparent and enhance the aesthetics of your PC. So, let’s get straight to our topic.
TranslucentTB is an easy and efficient method to personalize your taskbar without diving deep into the system settings. It is a very less resource-consuming application so you don’t have to worry about the battery life if you own a laptop. So, let’s check out the steps that you have to follow:
1. The first thing you need to do is to download and install TranslucentTB. You can get this app from GitHub. Otherwise, you can also download it using the Microsoft store.
2. If you used GitHub to get this tool, then simply run the .exe file to install it. If you used the Microsoft store, then it will be installed automatically.
3. Launch the tool. If it asks you for GPLv3 permission, click Yes.
4. You will notice that now your taskbar has become transparent.
If you want to go a step further and make it transparent, translucent, or opaque according to the active window size and application opened, then you can customize it as well. Click on the notification area on the taskbar to find the TB icon, right-click on and customize it according to your choice.
It also has a tips and tricks page which you can access from here. This may help you customize it for a better aesthetic look.
TaskbarX is an infamous tool that gives you more control over your Windows taskbar. Similar to TranslucentTB, this can make your taskbar transparent and a bunch of other stuff like blur, gradient, any solid color, and other acrylic effects.
You can do a bunch of other stuff like aligning your taskbar apps to center or right or left. If you want more customizations of your taskbar than just making it transparent, TaskbarX is the tool to go with. So, let’s see how you can use it.
- The first step is to download TaskbarX. You can choose the compatible version, according to your PC.
- Extract the ZIP file you downloaded and move the extracted folder to the Program Files folder inside the C Drive.
- Now, double-click on the TaskbarX Configurator application. This will open an application with a bunch of options.
- In the Style tab, you can choose Transparent and hit Apply. You will now notice that your taskbar is now transparent.
- By default, if it moves your taskbar icons and you don’t want that, then you can open the Position tab and check on the Don’t Center Taskbar, and hit Apply.
Note: TaskbarX doesn’t need any installation, it will work like a portable application.
You can play with a bunch of different customization and see which one you like more. Though it has so many other options, one that you will miss here is customizing the taskbar effects according to the window size like in TranslucentTB.
I love TaskbarX because of its minimal impact on CPU usage. So even if you’re a laptop user, you don’t have to make any compromises to use this tool. Overall, it’s an amazing tool to customize your taskbar.
3. Lively Wallpaper
Known as wallpaper, Lively Wallpaper now also can make your taskbar transparent. You can use it to do a bunch of other stuff as well like making the taskbar blur, fluent and more. So, let’s check out how you can do this.
- You have to download the Lively Wallpaper application from Microsoft Store or from its Official Website and install it.
- Once you have it, open the application. Click on the Settings icon present on the bottom left.
- Inside the settings, go to locate the System tab.
- You will see an option called Taskbar Theme which will be OFF by default.
- Click on it and choose Clear. You will notice that your taskbar has become transparent now.
- To make sure it happens every time you boot Windows, go to the General tab and enable Start With Windows.
You can play around with a bunch of customizations here as well. You can choose animations, videos, GIFs, and even a few games as your wallpaper. But keep an eye on the CPU usage, sometimes it can be on the higher side.
Overall, Lively Wallpaper is an amazing application to customize the look of your Windows.
So, that’s all for the article today and I hope I was helpful to you. If you found it useful or have any queries regarding it, make sure to comment down below.
Does enabling Windows taskbar transparency affect performance?
Enabling Windows taskbar transparency will barely make any difference on performance since TranslucentTB takes only a few MBs and is very light on the resource requirements. So, no, it won’t affect the performance of your PC.
How to hide my taskbar in Windows?
To hide the taskbar, simply right-click on the taskbar, and select taskbar settings. There, find the “Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode” and toggle it on. Your taskbar will now be hidden and you’ll only see it while hovering your cursor on the bottom part of the screen.