Links on TECHCountless may earn us a commission. Learn more
If you are looking to leverage your career into programming then, you must learn coding during your free time. For this, you need to regularly practice coding to master any language. But it’s not handy to practice or learn to code on the computer. Thankfully there are plenty of apps available on the Play Store.
To make your task easier, I have compiled a list of some free apps to learn coding that will help you to educate yourself and get productive.
Sololearn is one of the best platforms to boost your technical skills and learn to code. It comes with various code learning content on programming languages like Java, Python, Kotlin, C++, C and many more.
The courses are well designed and it also tests your knowledge through quizzes, code challenges and short lessons. Sololearn has a very interactive interface and has a free IDE built into the app so that users can write code snippets and share them with the community as well. Overall, It is one of the best coding apps for beginners & professionals to learn coding easily.
- Built-in development environment.
- It has a Zoom magnifier to magnify text as needed.
- Provides course completion certificate.
- Interactive quizzes and code challenges.
Another popular app on our list is Enki. Whether you’re a beginner or professional this app has everything from basic concepts to advanced ones. This app offers 1500+ lessons in 20+ skills like Python, SQL, Data Science, Java, MongoDB and many more.
It has a quite attractive interface that helps you to stay focused. You can also track your progress and set your daily goals as well. There are also quizzes and coding tasks that you have to complete to make sure you are learning and not just browsing. Overall, a great app to learn coding and practice it in-depth.
- Track your learning path to keep you focused.
- Hands-on exercises and quizzes.
- Wide range of courses (1500+ lessons in 20+ skills).
- Lesson bookmark option for quick access.
3. Programming Hub
It has a user-friendly interface and comes with a fast compiler that will help you to compile your code snippets easily. Overall, one of the best app if you’re looking to learn multiple coding languages.
- Regular updates with new course content.
- User-friendly interface with Ad-free experience.
- Interactive courses with quizzes at the end.
- It offers 5000+ programs in 20+ programming languages.
There are many bite-sized exercises available that you can solve and get real-time feedback as well. It comes with a playground (IDE) where you can experiment with codes and learn. It has three paths: Web development, Python and SQL. All these paths come up with lots of exercises and real-world projects. So, you can go with any path based on your interests.
- Streaks to maintain the habit of coding.
- It offers lots of exercises and real-world projects.
- Professional curriculum that you can complete at your own pace.
- Build a portfolio and course completion certificate.
5. Programming Hero
Programming Hero will be unique from the rest of the apps that I have listed. This app will make your learning very interactive and fun. It comes with a space theme and gaming elements that will trash those boring courses out there.
With this app, you can learn app development, web development, data structures, OOPS and many more. It also offers 100+ coding challenges and quizzes that will test your learnings. You can contribute an element to your game by learning each concept. Overall, a great app for those who want to learn coding and enjoy its gaming fun elements.
- Develop and publish an app using GitHub.
- It also offers game development fundamentals.
- Allows building project using their in-built IDE.
- It offers 100+ coding exercises with solutions & explanations.
Also Read: Best Open Source Apps For Android
Talking about the interface, it is clean and interactive with limited options. It comes with the drag and drop style editor that is best suited for beginners. In my opinion, this app is good for someone who is new to programming as it covers only fundamental topics only.
- Provides real-time feedback.
- Puzzles to brush up on your coding concepts.
- It covers fundamental topics from variables to web pages.
- It has a drag and drop editor.
How can I learn to code for free?
There are many apps where you can learn to code. You can try any of the apps according to your needs and programming interest. Some of the best apps are Sololearn, Programming Hero, and Enki.
Which coding is best for beginners?
It totally depends on your interest in where you want to excel in your career. It might be web development, app development or database admin etc. However, I can suggest C, C++, Java or Python to learn if you’re a beginner and want to learn coding.
Learning to code is easy if you’re consistent and brush up your skills regularly. You can practice coding in your free time with any of the above apps that I have covered. The courses available on these apps are well-curated for beginners as well as professionals.
You can try any of them according to your interest in the programming language that you want to learn. If you found this article helpful, then do share it with your friends and family.