Links on Tech Countless may earn us a commission. Learn more
An IP address is a combination of numerical digits that are unique to a device to identify its location and the device’s name. Every device connected to a network will have an IP address, from a smartphone to a printer. But do you know how you can find out the IP address of your Windows 10 PC?
Many times you may need to know the IP address of your devices, mainly for communication in the network. So, in this article, I am going to tell you 3 ways to easily find the IP address. These methods will work on all the modern Windows OS. So, let’s check them out.
1. From The Settings
The easiest method to find your IP address is to reach out to the settings app. Here are the steps you have to follow.
- In the search bar of your Windows PC, type ‘Settings‘ and left-click on the settings app.
- From the icons, select the ‘Network & internet’.
- Select the ‘Wifi’ tab from the left sidebar.
- Click on the wireless network you are connected to and you will be redirected to a new window.
- Scroll down to the bottom-most part of the window and you’ll see your IPv4 address in the properties section.
2. From The Control Panel
This is also a short and easy method to find your IP address. Here are the steps you have to follow.
- In the search section of your Windows PC, type ‘Control Panel‘ and left-click on the Control Panel app.
- From the left sidebar, click on ‘Network and Internet‘. You will see a new window.
- Now select the ‘Network and Sharing Center‘ option.
- Now click on the network name to which you are connected (It will be highlighted in blue).
- From the new popup ‘Wifi status‘, click on ‘Details‘ and you can see ‘Network connection details‘
- In this popup window, you can see your IPv4 address, as shown below.
3. Using Command Prompt
You can easily find the IP address of your device with a single command in the command prompt. Here is how you can do it.
- Type ‘cmd‘ in the search section bar of your Windows 10 and left-click on the Command Prompt application.
- Command Prompt window will be opened. Type ‘ipconfig‘ and hit enter on the keyboard.
- You will find many details popped up as soon as you have hit enter. From there, try to locate an IPv4 address and you will find your IP address written on the right side of that.
4. Using Windows Powershell
Similar to the command prompt, you can also use Windows Powershell to know your IP address. Here is what you have to do.
- Type ‘Powershell’ in the search section bar of your Windows 10 and left-click on the Windows Powershell application.
- Now type ‘gip‘ and hit enter
- Wait for a few seconds and you will see a lot of details showing up to you.
- Find the IPv4 address section and on the right side of it will be your exact IP address.
How to find my IP address on a laptop?
You can simply open the CMD and type ‘ipconfig‘ and hit enter. Next up you will see your IP address on the right side of the ‘IPv4 address’ row.
What is IP address of computer?
Basically, an IP address is a combination of numerical digits that are unique to a device to identify its location and the device’s name.