Links on TECHCountless may earn us a commission. Learn more
It’s always a good idea to clear browsing history in your web browsers for the sake of privacy and security. Sometimes, you have issues visiting some sites or just want a new and fresh start, so you can clear the history quite easily. In chrome especially, it’s quite easy to delete the history.
In this article, I will tell you how you can do that, plus an additional tip if you want the automatic deletion of history in your Chrome browser. So, let’s begin.
The process is quite simple. Here’s what you need to do.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click on the three vertical dots on the top right of the Window.
- Select History and then again select History.
- Alternatively, you can just use Ctrl + H on the keyboard.
- Now it will open the tab where you can see all the recent sites you have visited.
- You can select the ‘Clear browsing history’ option from the left if you want to delete all the browsing data.
- This will take you to a new page where you can customize what you want to delete. You can choose to delete browsing history, cache, cookies and site data, etc.
- If you go into the advanced section here, you can also choose to delete download history, passwords, and other things.
- Once you have selected what you want to delete, click on ‘Clear data’ and it will delete everything in a few seconds.
- If you just wanted to delete particular browsing history, after step 4 you can select particular URLs and click on Delete.
And there you go, your browsing history is gone. But there’s a much faster way to do it. Let’s check that out.
Clear History In Google Chrome Using Shortcut
You can just directly use the keyboard shortcut ‘Ctrl+Shift+Delete’ and it’ll be done in no time. You can head over to the history tab by using ‘Ctrl+H‘ and check.
But did you know you can customize Chrome to delete browsing history every time you exit from the browser? That can be convenient for many users. So, if you’re also curious then let’s check out how you can do that.
How Can You Delete Browsing History Everytime You Close Chrome
This is a really helpful feature for many users. However, it isn’t an inbuilt feature. We will be taking the help of a third-party chrome extension called Auto History Wipe. So, let’s check out how you can set it up.
- Install the Auto History Wipe extension.
- Open on the extension list by clicking on the jigsaw icon at the top right of the window.
- Look for Auto History Wipe in the list and click on the three vertical dots beside it.
- Click on options, which will take you to a new window.
- Here, you can customize what you want to delete every time you close the Chrome app.
And it’s done.
What is the shortcut to delete history in Chrome?
Press Ctrl+Shift+Delete is the shortcut to delete history in Chrome.
Can anyone see my Google search history?
Only you can see your Google search history. However, if someone else has access to your Gmail, they can also gain access to your browsing history.