Links on Tech Countless may earn us a commission. Learn more
Disk management is the most important thing to do with our laptop or PC for managing as well as optimizing your data.
I am here to provide you with a list of some of the best software for managing your disc, such as creating, deleting, merging, expanding, shrinking, or splitting partitions on your disk.
Microsoft Windows itself has disk management software, but there are not very advanced options for managing your disk. Like there are not any options for Extending or Shrinking the FAT32 partition, Migrating OS to disk, Merging partitions, merging unallocated space, moving partitions, and many more.
You can simply check out Windows default disk manager by searching “disk manage” from the windows search bar.
But here we will be using some best of the software for managing our disk with advanced features and Better User Interface, as well as easy to use.
1. EaseUS Partition Master
EaseUS Free Disk Management Tool is a free software for managing your disk with various basic as well as advanced features for disk management. With a fast and easy-to-use interface, you will love to use this software. you can also manage external disks like USB disks or external hard drives.
- 1. Create, Extend, Shrink, Resize, Move, Delete, Merge, Hide or Unhide Partitions, Format, Wipe, and more Disk operations.
- 2. Supports NTFS, EXT2/3/4, FAT12/16/32, ReFS, and exFAT
- 3. Convert Basic to Dynamic disk, Convert to Logical/Primary Disk
- 4. Convert Data Disk to MBR/GPT, NTFS/FAT32
- 5. Migrate OS to HDD/SSD, Clone Disk
- 6. Initialize Disk to MBR/GPT, Rebuild MBR
It is also very trustable software, it is there for almost 18+ years and has 500+ million customers.
It has many features to manage disk with a simple and easy-to-use user interface and the software guarantees you to manage the partition without any data loss.
|Easy to Use||No Lifetime Free Upgrades|
|Convert Data Disk to MBR/GPT, NTFS/FAT32||Some features are paid like Migrate OS, Clone Disk, Partition Recovery, etc|
|Upgrade Disks without Data Loss||No support for dynamic disks|
Check Out: EaseUS Partition Master
2. AOMEI Partition Assistant
AOMEI Partition Assistant is a powerful and free-to-use disk management software that allows you to perform all basic and advanced tasks for managing your disks. Apart from all their features, You can also use this tool for creating a bootable Windows flash drive.
- 1. Supports almost all features mentioned in EaseUS Free Disk Management Tool
- 2. Extend the partition without restarting the computer
- 3. PC Cleaner, Clone Disk
- 4. Command line partitioning
- 5. Migrate OS from MBR to MBR, MBR to GPT, or GPT to MBR/GPT disk, Rebuild MBR
- 6. Convert file system between FAT32 and NTFS, MBR and GPT, primary partition to logical partition, dynamic disk to basic disk, or vice-versa.
|Fast, Safe, Secure, and Easy to Use||Additional features are only available in the Paid version.|
|Sector by Sector data cloning||Dynamic disk management is not in the Free version|
|Built-in disk cleaner||Over-weighted and Ungrouped menu|
Check Out: AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition
Also Read: Best Blue Light Filter Software For Windows
3. MiniTool Partition Wizard
MiniTool Partition Wizard is another best disk management tool that will help you to perfectly analyze your disk and it also comes with mostly all basic features for managing your disk. You only can perform basic operations and for getting advanced features, you have to buy their subscription.
- 1. Create, Delete, Format, Move, Resize, Extend, Wipe, Merge, Split, and Copy Disk Partitions
- 2. Convert FAT to NTFS
- 3. Check File System
- 4. Disk Benchmark and Space Analyzer
- 5. Disk or Partition Surface Test
|Good for common disk partitioning tasks||Many advanced features not available in Free Version|
|24×7 Technical Support||No support for dynamic disks or volume|
|Disk Benchmarking and Space Analyzer||Infrequent program updates|
Check Out: MiniTool Partition Wizard
4. Macrorit Disk Partition Expert
Macrorit Disk Partition Expert is also free software for the management of disks, you get to see more advanced features in just the free version of this software, it is safe to use, and comes with a clean interface. It also has a portable version so you can just install this software on a portable drive or disk and run it just by doing plug and play. So you can also use it without installing it on your system.
- 1. Undo, Redo, and Commit operations
- 2. Properly Grouped menu options
- 3. Disk Cleanup and Defragmentation
- 4. Guarantees 100% data protection
- 5. Can handle multiple drives and disks simultaneously
- 6. Supports portable version
|Clean and easy to use interface||It also doesn’t support dynamic disks|
|Supports up to 32TB hard disk in free version||OS Migration is not supported in free version|
|65% of the advanced features are free||Sometimes it may feel Buggy|
Check Out: Macrorit Disk Partition Expert
Why to Use Disk Manager In Windows?
Disk managers help you to manage, analyze as well as optimize your data on disks, you can well manage your data or files on your drive, which reduces the risk of disk failure especially your C drive or the drive on which your system is installed because there are very high chances of disk failure due to some unwanted programs or anything else.
And the default windows disk manager on your windows PC is not that sufficient to do such additional operations and sometimes there are chances for disk failure or drive corruption. So it is highly recommended to use a disk manager.
How we can improve the performance of the disk?
For improving the performance of the disk you can do these things which include, Delete unwanted and temporary files, Defrag Your Hard Drive over a period of time, Use disk optimization software, Regularly Scan your drive with any antivirus or windows defender for getting away from viruses which slow down the drive, Enable Write Caching on your disk. There are a few steps that will help to improve performance and speed up your disk.